Saturday, October 27, 2012

What Tea Means To Me


What Tea Means to Me

I have been in the business of tea for over 10 years.  However, I feel as if tea has been a part me all my life.  As a child, I began to drink tea to emulate a much loved older sister.  She was not a coffee drinker then, she drank tea and I wanted to be like her.  My teacup collection grew because my Aunt Millie collected teacups.  I remember her telling me how she would offer the cups to her guests after dinner - a different cup for each guest.  I was fascinated and soon began my collection. It is often my souvenir of choice when I travel to return with a teacup to remember my holiday.  Now, in my own home, I offer guests the whole of my tea cupboard to choose their own personal teacup.  After a meal my guests may choose their favorite cup from my collection - each with its own story to tell. Since owning a tea shop I have become an even more avid tea drinker, enjoying the ritual of making a pot of tea almost as much as sipping each cup.  Tea is definitely a way of life for me. 
What does tea mean to you?  How did you first develop a love for tea? 
Erin

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home